Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Plan

In my 20's, I felt so lost. I felt that I was a woman of faith in God but the faith in man was diminishing. Although I was behaving like I was enjoying life with friends and family, my spiritual being was dying slowly.

I had no one to talk to. I had feelings of spiritual despair. My spiritual being was inhaling the dark. I started to see darkness even I knew light supposed to guide me . I tried to hold onto the little light I had through my natural spirit since childhood. However the imperfection of man destroying other imperfect men creating shaped my internal being.

But as I felt the monsters in me, my God whispered in my ears, "I am with you".

Although I cried many nights, my God whispered, "I am holding you".

Even though I wanted to be violent toward my fellow man, my God whispered, "I am stopping you."

And even the days I wanted to sleep and die, my God whispered, "You have work to do."

Here I am, MY GOD.

Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.


No comments:

Post a Comment