Wednesday, April 1, 2015

WATER BAPTISM March 30th 2015

I believed in God since childhood, but I did not understand "Jesus". As I have heard from churches and my fellow Christians, he was a man that died for our sins and  born to a virgin girl. I was supposed to believe in this fantasy (as many non-Christians would say) because it was told to me by people who I loved and trusted. So lets review Jesus according to the Bible.

1 Timothy 2:5 

For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Isaiah 9:6 

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 7:14 

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel (Prophecy).

Matthew 1:23

The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"-- which means, "God with us" (Isaiah 7:14 prophecy fulfilled). 

Isaiah 40:3

A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God (Prophecy).

John 1:23

John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the desert, 'Make straight the way for the Lord'

Most of my life, I did not study the Bible but I had this spiritual growth through prayer and faith. But God told me that I needed to study his Word since I trust, have faith and love him. I declared God to be my Husband. But I did not declare Jesus to be my husband, because I had became mad at the Christians who claimed to love all ( of their selective choices).

So I began studying under the Jehovah Witnesses because I promised God that I would. So He sent them since they are one of His foot soldiers who go door to door. He knew that I would not leave my comfort to find a church. How could I?  I studied with them for 3 months but my spirit told me, "you will conflict with them". And it did. So I ended my studies with these beautiful people, but they gave me something that no other church had given me. PEACE.

They do not believe in war, political parties, etc, but loving all people...every thing I believe Christians need to practice. But my spirit was stirring.

A year passed, God was nudging me to find a church because my peace was diminishing (again). On Easter weekend, April 19, 2014,  I took my son and granddaughter to an Easter Egg Hunt at a all nation non-denomination church. The next day, we went to its service.  This was the church for my spirit to grow and build my love for Jesus.

 On March 30th, 2015, I became water baptized and declared Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

My confession, in front of the congregation before my baptism, was "I just want to be one with the Lord".

God wants us to use our logic. He wants us to come to Him with our free will that He gifted us to have.

He wants us to move into his wisdom instead of tales that we do not understand. Study all His Books. You do not need to be a  theologist or a scientist, He just want you to open your mind and heart.

Ask!!!!

Here is a song that helped and inspired me by Tamela Mann, "Take Me to The King"



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU3qgPn3bGA


"I will praise him in my joy and sorrow" ~Sojourner Manns

No comments:

Post a Comment